Frequently Asked Questions
What does SBMAQ Stand for?
- School Business Managers’ Association Qld Inc
IS SBMAQ an industrial association?
- SBMAQ is not an industrial association but it can help you in your dealings with the department.
When are membership forms sent out?
- Membership forms are sent out at the end of Term 4 for the following year. You can access our membership form here.
What do I get as a member?
- Access to the discussion list
- Attendance to the biennial conference with first preference above non members
- Notification of all PD organised by SBMAQ
- Attendance to the 4 meeting and PD days held each year
Can my school pay for my membership?
- No, it is against DETA policy for any membership to an association for any individual to be paid by school funds.
I am relieving/acting as a Business Services Manager can I still join the association?
- Yes, you can apply for associate membership if you are relieving/acting for 3 months or more.
Can my school pay for the conference and other professional development?
- Yes, the school should have PD allocations for all staff members at a school.