SBMAQ HR Roadshow Workshops 2017-2018
MyHR Home & Tips and Tricks
Do you need to know how to get the best out of MyHR? This session will explore the new MyHR Home page with tips and tricks for MyHR Users across the MyHR suite. It will focus on changes to navigation, dashboards, new Workplace Reports and new notifications.
There will be a question and answer forum on the current processes, so prepare your questions. The workshop will explore the following:
- What future developments would you like from MyHR?
- How can the current MyHR products be enhanced to make your work more effective?
Building employee performance and capability development
This interactive session is designed to unpack together the performance and development process to maximise outcomes for the individual and the department. Together we will identify:
- your role in planning for, and having performance conversations
- the process and key resources
- options and resources for developing skills and capabilities needed for you and your employees
- 70:20:10 principle and how to maximise the learning
- ways to support others in the performance development process.
As a school leader, you have an influential role to enhance the wellbeing of employees and students.
When in a plane we always put on our own oxygen masks before we assist others. During this workshop we will start with your oxygen mask / your wellbeing by:
- developing an understanding of the five dimensions of wellbeing
- identifying which you value the most
- identifying daily behaviours that would enhance your own health and wellbeing.
As a leader, you will have an opportunity to consider strategies than can influence a wellbeing culture within the workplace, and investigate the work of wellbeing champions across the department.
Payroll Services looks forward to sharing tools, techniques and insights to support Business Managers with their payroll processes. Payroll Services will share updated information relating to:
- parental leave processing
- employee self-service solutions
- what to look out for in payroll verification reporting.
- Payroll Services is also keen to workshop improvement suggestions from participants that will streamline payroll processes for schools.
Recruitment and Selection
Finding the right applicant for a role begins with understanding the process and procedures required for the task. This session will:
- outline the recruitment and selection process
- explore in greater detail, available selection strategies
- have you drafting behavioural interview questions
- have an opportunity to receive peer feedback on your questions.
Domestic and Family Violence
Tragically, 1 in 6 Australian women have experienced physical or sexual abuse at the hands of a partner or former partner. The Department is committed to working to prevent and respond to domestic and family violence, particularly as it affects our employees. Business Managers, with Principals, Deputy Principals and other school leaders are sometimes called upon to provide information and support to affected employees.
This workshop provides participants with information on:
- the forms domestic and family violence takes
- its impacts on the workplace and
- the range of supports within the department’s policy to support affected employees.
Complete the Recognise, Respond Refer online course (approx 30 mins) https://staff.learningplace.eq.edu.au/Pages/ResourceView.aspx?id=214e581b-06c2-4de1-b8f8-db9988e2e841
To Register please click on the link below:
Includes Morning Tea and Lunch
SBMAQ Members $65 including GST (enter discount code to receive the discount)
Non-Members $75 including GST
|Place||Date||Start time||Cost Ea (Ex GST)||Register|
|Bellbird Park SHS – Metropolitan||23/10/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Mt Isa School of the Air – Northern||31/10/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Darling Heights SS – Darling Downs||7/11/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Dalby SHS Bunya Campus – Darling Downs||8/11/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|IPL Learning Centre Sippy Downs – North Coast||14/11/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Ithaca Creek SS – Metropolitan||24/11/2017||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Warwick SHS – Darling Downs||27/02/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Sunnybank SHS – Metropolitan||19/02/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$68.18|
|Wondall Heights SS – South East||23/02/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Townsville SHS – Northern||13/03/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Bundaberg South SS – North Coast||1/05/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Kingaroy SHS – Darling Downs||18/05/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Aviation SHS – Metropolitan||4/06/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Longreach SHS – Central Qld||07/06/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Loganlea SHS – South Coast||11/06/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
|Bray Park SHS – North Coast||15/06/2018||8:45 – 4:15pm||$ 68.18||Register for this workshop here.|
More venues across all regions will be distributed for Term 1 and 2 2018 shortly